ENGINE COMPANY OPERATIONS
S.O.G. No.: 01-034
Revision: October 2007
Effective Date: June 1987
1.1 In the interest of the department member’s health and safety, this document is established to provide guidelines maintaining a safe work environment.
2.1 Union Fire District Board of Wardens Policy
3. OSHA REQUIREMENTS
3.1 The department shall maintain a safe working environment on the fire ground and during training exercises in accordance with OSHA
- 4.1 The first Engine Company arriving at a fire will proceed directly to the scene unless otherwise ordered. If the situation warrants, the first Engine Company shall lay a line.
- 4.2 The second Engine Company arriving at a fire/scene shall establish a proper water supply to the first in Engine Company unless otherwise ordered.
- 4.3 Following Engines will report to designated staging area to await orders. This area will be behind the water supply until told different.
- 4.4 Engine Companies are responsible for Fire Suppression and Search & Rescue. In the absence of a Ladder Company or if help is needed to complete Ladder Company tasks, this work may be assigned to Engine Companies or their personnel.
- 4.5 Drivers of an Engine Company shall leave room for the Ladder Truck at all times.
- 4.6 Engine Companies at Chimney Fires will be responsible for interior work. An Engine Company or some of its personnel may be reassigned to assist the Ladder Company on the roof, or in the absence of a Ladder Company an Engine Company may be assigned to do the roof operations.
- 4.7 The driver of all apparatus shall remain with the apparatus unless told to leave by a Chief Officer.
- 4.8 The Officer and the personnel will remain with their truck until as assignment is given to them.