INDIVIDUAL FIRE MONITOR (PAGER)
S.O.G. No.: 01-030
Revision: May 2008
Effective Date: June 2006
1.1 In the interest of the department member’s health and safety, this document is established to provide guidelines maintaining safe and effective use of Union Fire District property.
2.1 Union Fire District Board of Wardens Policy
3. SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
3.1 The department shall maintain safe use of district equipment during operations in accordance with district regulations.
The issuing radio pager is to alert the firefighter of an emergency call.
Pagers will be assigned to firefighters that respond to a minimum of 20% of the alarms their Assigned Station is dispatched to. Drills are not counted in the 20% rule.
- 4.1 It is the Station Captain’s responsibility for distributing the Pager to the firefighter meeting the necessary requirements and reassign pagers whenever a member is not maintaining the requirements.
- 4.2 LOSAP submittals will include the Pager assigned to the firefighter.
- 4.3 It is the individual firefighter’s responsibility to maintain and keep the Pager in a good working condition. Damage incurred by negligence or misuse of the pager will result in the reassignment of the Pager.
- 4.4 Pagers will be kept in the issued nylon case and will be removed from the person before donning turn-out gear and prior to performing any type of water activities.
- 4.5 All Pagers must be turned off prior to boarding any district apparatus. This will prevent any feedback over the radios.