LADDER TRUCK OPERATIONS
S.O.G. No.: 01-033
Revision: May 2010
Effective Date: June 1987
1.1 In the interest of the department member’s health and safety, this document is established to provide guidelines maintaining a safe work environment.
2.1 Union Fire District Board of Wardens Policy
3. SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
3.1 The department shall maintain a safe working environment on the fire ground and during training exercises in accordance with district regulations.
- 4.1 The Ladder Truck will proceed directly to the scene of a Fire or a Chimney fire, unless otherwise ordered.
- 4.2 The Ladder Truck will stage with all other apparatus unless ordered by the Incident Commander.
- 4.3 The Ladder Company is responsible for Search & Rescue, Ventilation, Power & Lights, Salvage and Forcible Entry and will assist and work with Engine Companies during Overhaul.
- 4.4 The Ladder Company will be responsible for roof operations at the scene of a Chimney fire.
- 4.5 The Ladder Company will be responsible for ventilation at fires, both vertical and horizontal operations.
- 4.6 Aerial operations require a minimum of 2 personnel, unless the Incident Commander utilizes life safety situational awareness to make the exception.
- 4.7 Aerial creeper controls will only be used when another firefighter is at the turntable.
- 4.8 The driver of all apparatus shall remain with the apparatus unless told to leave by a Chief Officer or a life safety issue is present.
- 4.9 Upon arrival on scene, the Officer will report directly to the Incident Commander with Ladder Company accountability truck ring for assignment.
- 4.10 The Ladder will be inspected and the checklist will be complete after each operational use.
- 4.11 Seatbelts, Headsets and back-up spotters will be used at all times.