RIDING DISTRICT APPARATUS
S.O.G. No.: 01-021
Revision: Feb 2007
Effective Date: Feb 1994
1.1 In the interest of the department member’s health and safety, this document is established to provide guidelines maintaining a safe work environment.
2.1 Union Fire District Board of Wardens Policy
3. OSHA REQUIREMENTS
3.1 The department shall maintain a safe working environment on all district vehicles and apparatus in accordance with OSHA
- 4.1 Only ONE person shall ride in the area of the jump seats on those vehicles so equipped. That ONE person shall be seated and shall use the seat belt while the vehicle is in motion.
- 4.2 Personnel responding to the scene shall report to the Accountability with their tags. Personal vehicles will be parked at least 500 ft away from the fire scene.
- 4.3 No personnel shall enter a structure or incident scene without specific orders or work assignments issued from an officer or Incident Commander.
- 4.4 Full personal protective equipment (PPE) shall be worn in or around all fire scenes and while responding on apparatus. Do not don turnout gear on the apparatus. This includes helmet, coat, gloves, hood, boots/bunker pants. Full turnout gear need not be worn at brush, grass or forest fires. This includes drivers at the scene. Proper footwear, gloves and helmets will be worn. Other personal protective clothing will be appropriate for the incident.
- 4.5 SCBA’s and working PASS devices shall be worn at working vehicle and structure fires, as well as any incident warranting their usage.
- 4.6 SCBA’s shall be worn with a protective hood and PASS device.
- 4.7 All apparatus responding to an alarm shall park (whenever possible) on the same side of the street as the fire.
- 4.8 All radio traffic shall be directed through the Command Post.
- 4.9 All Personnel should make every attempt to arrive at fire scenes on apparatus.